The Parish Gift Day and Bazaar
The Parish Gift Day and Bazaar is the biggest fundraising event of the year and will be on Saturday 21st November from 11am-2pm.
The Gift Day started many years ago with the idea that on a Saturday morning parishioners would be invited to drop into the Parish hall and give a donation to the Parish in the Gift Day Box. Over time teas and coffees were offered, then the odd stall, and the day gradually grew into the event that it is today making around £7000.
There are all sorts of stalls selling gifts and Christmas items, games, tombolas, a Grand Draw, a cafe serving lunch, and of course Santa visits every year to his amazing Grotto where he has a photo taken with the children and gives them a gift.
The Gift Day Box is still central to the day with most people still giving their donation to parish funds. It is always a busy and vibrant day and a great opportunity for the whole community to come together to support the parish, whilst getting prepared for Christmas.
We are asking for your help in donating items for the various stalls. Donations are to be left in the Church porch and please donate what you can from the following list:
- toys in very good and complete condition;
- bottles of wine;
- items of chocolate;
- MacDonalds/party bag toys for lucky dip;
- groceries (remember buy one get one free offers);
- unused & new gifts and toiletries;
- CD's & DVD's (material suitable for family viewing);
- costume jewellery, bags, purses, scarves and all attractive decorative accessories
- books (no annuals or DIY/car maintenance manuals).
We are NOT collecting second hand goods, clothes or videos.
If you can help in any way please contact Deirdre or Sian through the Parish Office